• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I know this is old but wanted to follow up, I am using seedbox.io also and it seems to have a new owner, it works great though is very basic - the new owner is adding a new line that has a larger variety of available applications, and added quite a bit more storage to the existing boxes which are just rtorrent, resilio sync, and ftp

Anyway, just wanted to +1 the seedbox.io, feel free to PM me questions if you have any

• 1 month later...

I'm starting to have my doubts about this provider.. I purchased a year and am really beginning to regret it, it seems to crash so much, I had to push up all of my seed ratio dates way forward because of regular downtime.  I've had to spend hours babying this thing because rtorrent keeps repeatedly crashing.  I've only used 2 months now and have checked to find rtorrent completely crashed at least 5 times, and getting it back up means rebooting the seedbox repeatedly, getting into rtorrent for the half second that it works before crashing again, and getting all the torrents stopped then slowly having it recheck them and start them in small batches that takes hours to get through. It takes hours of rebooting even to be able to have access to stop them in the first place. I hope it stabilizes soon because this so far has not been a positive experience.  I feel like I may have wasted $200 bucks on this which really bums me out.  I sure hope it improves, I will update here if there are changes.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/20/2020 at 7:13 AM, insid said:

I'm starting to have my doubts about this provider.. I purchased a year and am really beginning to regret it, it seems to crash so much, I had to push up all of my seed ratio dates way forward because of regular downtime.  I've had to spend hours babying this thing because rtorrent keeps repeatedly crashing.  I've only used 2 months now and have checked to find rtorrent completely crashed at least 5 times, and getting it back up means rebooting the seedbox repeatedly, getting into rtorrent for the half second that it works before crashing again, and getting all the torrents stopped then slowly having it recheck them and start them in small batches that takes hours to get through. It takes hours of rebooting even to be able to have access to stop them in the first place. I hope it stabilizes soon because this so far has not been a positive experience.  I feel like I may have wasted $200 bucks on this which really bums me out.  I sure hope it improves, I will update here if there are changes.

Maybe your seedbox is running out of space, you should calculate before adding a new torrent leave a GB or two of free space. If it runs out of space rutorrent crashes. The fix is to delete something via ftp and restart rutorrent.

I tried this seedbox for a month 500GB/250mbits, 7.5EUR not the best deal out there, but I used promo code 25% off. It was pretty consistent, wasn't always reaching the full speed 250mbits, it was more around 200mbit most of the time, but I still managed to get 10TB of upload with it.

I see they change the cheapest package, increased the storage to 600gb, but decreased the speed to 100mbit, making it lot worse. Definitely better deals out there.

On 1/4/2021 at 12:47 PM, deepdigger said:

Maybe your seedbox is running out of space, you should calculate before adding a new torrent leave a GB or two of free space. If it runs out of space rutorrent crashes. The fix is to delete something via ftp and restart rutorrent.

I tried this seedbox for a month 500GB/250mbits, 7.5EUR not the best deal out there, but I used promo code 25% off. It was pretty consistent, wasn't always reaching the full speed 250mbits, it was more around 200mbit most of the time, but I still managed to get 10TB of upload with it.

I see they change the cheapest package, increased the storage to 600gb, but decreased the speed to 100mbit, making it lot worse. Definitely better deals out there.

Unfortunately that is not the case, even as low as 70% it happens.  It seems to have changed ownership relatively recently and the packages have all changed