Canceled DOOM 4 Prototype Resurfaces Online In New Footage

A new batch of footage from the canceled version of the DOOM reboot has surfaced online, giving players another glimpse into a gritty and realistic sequel that never came to be. Internally developed after DOOM 3 over the course of several years starting in 2007, the first iteration of the game took a lot more inspiration from the games releasing at the time than the franchise it was a part of. Set on Earth to mirror the events of DOOM II, this DOOM featured a band of humans fighting against a more realistic demon in a city environment colored in distinctively Xbox 360 levels of brown.

The game, which fans have taken to calling "Call of Doom" due to its inspirations, was going to feature the same cinematic presentation as DOOM 3. Running on the same Id Tech 5 engine that powered Rage and The Evil Within, the game would have aimed for 30 FPS on consoles to achieve its story goals in the campaign, and it even would have featured a group of NPCs surrounding Doomguy as he tore through the city. All of this was a huge departure from what came before, which is why it's no surprise that the game was rebooted, eventually becoming 2016's shooter masterpiece.

In new footage from the game unearthed earlier this year by YouTuber Crispies, players can get another brief window into the game that never was. The opening of the video is particularly interesting, as it showcases a chainsaw animation that seems pretty close to what made it into 2016's DOOM. Settings later in the video also recall some of the city areas in DOOM Eternal, which also aimed to retell the Hell on Earth storyline that Doom II originated. While the prevailing theory was always that development was a full restart, perhaps some of the work that went into "Call of DOOM" did end up serving a second life in the new games.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Topics

• New Member - Introduction

A. Tell us something about yourself? I am a movie lover B. How did you find InviteHawk? Google when trying to find invittes C. What Torrent Sites are you looking for? (Mention none if just browsing) OMGWTFNZBS.me, EMP, HDBits D. Do you use the same username or email on InviteHawk as well as on trackers? (If yes, change it from your profile or contact a staff member) No E. Do you have any suggestions for InviteHawk? No, all good

in Newbie Introductions

A. Tell us something about yourself? my name is arfat. I love to play cricket and watch movies, anime. B. How did you find InviteHawk? referenced by a friend C. What Torrent Sites are you looking for? (Mention none if just browsing)   D. Do you use the same username or email on InviteHawk as well as on trackers? (If yes, change it from your profile or contact a staff member) No E. Do you have any suggestions for InviteHawk? No

in Newbie Introductions

A. Tell us something about yourself? I'm 45 years , tracker manus B. How did you find InviteHawk? google C. What Torrent Sites are you looking for? (Mention none if just browsing) Movies / Music D. Do you use the same username or email on InviteHawk as well as on trackers? (If yes, change it from your profile or contact a staff member) Not E. Do you have any suggestions for InviteHawk? ---

in Newbie Introductions

• New Member - Introduction - eshaysadz

A. Tell us something about yourself?  I'm interested in sports and MMA specifically. I recently really got in to BJJ (Brazilian jiu-jitsu) and therefore would like to find as many video instructionals to level up my BJJ game.  B. How did you find InviteHawk? I was trying find ways to get an invitation to MMA (mixed martial arts) content trackers C. What Torrent Sites are you looking for? (Mention none if just browsing) mma-tracker.net mma-torrents.com D. Do you

in Newbie Introductions

A. Tell us something about yourself? 20,addicted to movies & tv shows:) B. How did you find InviteHawk? Google search C. What Torrent Sites are you looking for? (Mention none if just browsing) I'm searching for an invitation of IPT.I need it badly. D. Do you use the same username or email on InviteHawk as well as on trackers? (If yes, change it from your profile or contact a staff member) No E. Do you have any suggestions for InviteHawk? Not yet

in Newbie Introductions

• Who Viewed the Topic

1 member has viewed this topic:
    Nergal 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.