Eighth Grade Star Elsie Fisher To Lead A24's New Dark Comedy

Eighth Grade star Elsie Fisher is set to lead the cast of the upcoming A24 dark comedy, Latchkey Kids alongside Alan S. Kim, the 7-year-old breakout star of A24's Minari. Fisher rose to stardom in Bo Burnham's Eighth Grade as Kayla, a quiet girl trying to navigate the last year of middle school and the ups and down of adolescence. She's also done voice acting in two Despicable Me films and, most recently, The Adams Family.

Latchkey Kids is her biggest role since since Eighth Grade and her second time working with A24 (Eighth Grade being her first). According to Variety, Latchkey Kids centers on the friendship between an eccentric teenager (Fisher) who's seeking refuge from her dysfunctional home life and a smart nine-year-old (Kim) who's suspected of killing his babysitters. It's set to begin filming in June with John J. Budion, best known for helming Rockaway, as the director. Meaghan Cleary wrote the script and Related Pictures Group's Ken H. Keller and Caron Rudner are on board to produce.

The most exciting names are those in the cast, however. Fisher was nominated for a Golden Globe for her performance in Eighth Grade and Kim has earned rave reviews for his scene-stealing work in Oscar hopeful Minari. The A24 veterans are sure to make a splash in their first collaboration. A24, the company responsible for Oscar winners Lady Bird, Moonlight, Room, Amy, and Ex Machina, is also a big name. With Kim and Fisher leading the cast, A24 behind the scenes, and a quirky premise at its core, Latchkey Kids is shaping up to be one of the most interesting films of the year.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Topics

• New Member - Introduction

A. Tell us something about yourself?   B. How did you find InviteHawk? Cousin C. What Torrent Sites are you looking for? (Mention none if just browsing)   D. Do you use the same username or email on InviteHawk as well as on trackers? (If yes, change it from your profile or contact a staff member)   E. Do you have any suggestions for InviteHawk?  

in Newbie Introductions

A. Tell us something about yourself? design student  B. How did you find InviteHawk? twitter C. What Torrent Sites are you looking for? (Mention none if just browsing) cgpeers D. Do you use the same username or email on InviteHawk as well as on trackers? (If yes, change it from your profile or contact a staff member) no E. Do you have any suggestions for InviteHawk? not really

in Newbie Introductions

A. Tell us something about yourself? Hi ! I am a french 3D artist working in videogame industry B. How did you find InviteHawk? I find InviteHawk on twitter 🙂 C. What Torrent Sites are you looking for? (Mention none if just browsing) I am looking for an invite for cgpeers to have access to addons for blender and tutorials for some issues I have. D. Do you use the same username or email on InviteHawk as well as on trackers? (If yes, change it from your profile or con

in Newbie Introductions

A. Tell us something about yourself? I enjoy playing the piano and the computer 🙂 B. How did you find InviteHawk? Saw some news articles on twitter, looking for information on the many recently closed scandinavian private trackers. C. What Torrent Sites are you looking for? (Mention none if just browsing) Ones with scandinavian content D. Do you use the same username or email on InviteHawk as well as on trackers? (If yes, change it from your profile or contact a sta

in Newbie Introductions

• Hello New Member - Introduction

A. Tell us something about yourself? Men   B. How did you find InviteHawk? Internet chat   C. What Torrent Sites are you looking for? (Mention none if just browsing) replacement for ethor.net   D. Do you use the same username or email on InviteHawk as well as on trackers? (If yes, change it from your profile or contact a staff member)no   E. Do you have any suggestions for InviteHawk?no at moment  

in Newbie Introductions

• Who Viewed the Topic

1 member has viewed this topic:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.