Resolved Best way to get starting.

Go to solution Solved by Achelous,

Question

HI all,

I used torrents a long time ago (10-15 years).

Back in the days it was easy, there were a few good torrent sites and downloading was peanuts.

Now there are everywhere private trackers and I have no clue how to start.

Can anyone help me set things up and point me in a direction of good trackers?

I'm mostly looking for Appz (windows) and PC games, sometimes tv and movies but I have plex shares for that.

21 answers to this question

• Legend VIP
  • Solution
(edited)
20 minutes ago, xqlusive83 said:

HI all,

I used torrents a long time ago (10-15 years).

Back in the days it was easy, there were a few good torrent sites and downloading was peanuts.

Now there are everywhere private trackers and I have no clue how to start.

Can anyone help me set things up and point me in a direction of good trackers?

I'm mostly looking for Appz (windows) and PC games, sometimes tv and movies but I have plex shares for that.

For beginners, recommended General trackers are IPTorrents & TorrentLeech, but you will not find many Appz & PC Games in them. General trackers are good for TV Shows and Movies.

As far as I know, AppzUniverse is one tracker for apps, but it's mediocre, and you may not like it.

For Games, GazelleGames is an excellent and high-level tracker. But it's not easy to join the GGn. In the meanwhile, you can join bitGAMER. It's a mid-level Games tracker and good for beginners.

Check out Giveaways, Requests & Members Shop.  It's not hard to join IPTorrents, TorrentLeech & bitGAMER.

Good luck.

Edited by Achelous
  • Like 1

IPTorrent na TorrentLeech are probably the most accessible for newcomers. They have all the latest popular games and some apps, but if you are after something more obscure then you won't find it there. And keeping ratio on those two might proof difficult.

Rutracker might be better, they have the older and less popular games and lots of apps.

For apps there are some good clean websites too.

Ratio free trackers are not that many and getting to them is fairly difficult.

• Like 1

Okay thx guys for the info. Gonna start slowly, we'll see where we end. 

Get into general trackers like Iptorrents and Torrentleech you ll have a lot of stuff there you can start there

If private trackers seem intimidating, try a few public ones first. 1337x is good for general stuff like movies, games, softwares etc. RARBG is a good option for entertainment contents. These two should give you an overall idea of what to look for in a private torrent before joining. Not all private torrents are good and the ones that are, aren't easy to join. Be on the lookout for giveaways.

• Like 1

Thanks for your help and I definitely are gonna watch for interesting giveaways.

best way to get started is to get into general trackers and start dowloading freeleech torrents and building ratio

Thanks for your answer. Building ratio is going well. Getting some better uploads is still a bit tricky. Speed of upload is never coming up to 10% of it's possibility. I set uploading at unlimited but still not more speed. Is there some hidden setting I can change for this?

• Like 1

The music tracker RED and the book tracker MAM both have recruitment by interview that aren't too difficult. After getting either of those, rank up until you can use the invite forum. RED has official recruitment from GGn, which is the best games tracker. This path will be easy if you have a lot of music or books to upload, but it's not bad either way.

On 4/2/2021 at 1:31 AM, waybirde said:

The music tracker RED and the book tracker MAM both have recruitment by interview that aren't too difficult. After getting either of those, rank up until you can use the invite forum. RED has official recruitment from GGn, which is the best games tracker. This path will be easy if you have a lot of music or books to upload, but it's not bad either way.

Have you done the interview for RED recently? I did for MAM and that was easy. But I've heard "horror" stories about the interview for RED. If you don't mind letting me know what I can expect on the interview? PM me if that's better for you. Thank you very much.

On 4/7/2021 at 6:35 PM, sasa28 said:

Have you done the interview for RED recently? I did for MAM and that was easy. But I've heard "horror" stories about the interview for RED. If you don't mind letting me know what I can expect on the interview? PM me if that's better for you. Thank you very much.

I did it a few months ago, and it's not too difficult. Plus, you're also at a slight advantage for already being a PT user. However, you should definitely take the interview seriously. The main thing to know is the difference between good and bad transcodes, which you can learn from interviewfor.red. The interview is primarily things that you need to know for using RED anyway, so it's not too inconvenient. You may have to wait several days in IRC to get an interview, though.

• Like 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, waybirde said:

I did it a few months ago, and it's not too difficult. Plus, you're also at a slight advantage for already being a PT user. However, you should definitely take the interview seriously. The main thing to know is the difference between good and bad transcodes, which you can learn from interviewfor.red. The interview is primarily things that you need to know for using RED anyway, so it's not too inconvenient. You may have to wait several days in IRC to get an interview, though.

Ok, thanks... I might try it then. The thing I heard was that they want you to take screen shots of all of your trackers and only hide your passkey. 

Also, what do you mean by me being a PT user? what are you reffering to?

Edited by sasa28
31 minutes ago, seanvandamme said:

@MrBond Thanks for the SceneTime tip. Do you also have an invite left? 😉

I will send you and invite just PM me if you haven't gotten already.

It ok tracker, part of IPT network, i think all popular scene releases can be found there.

• Like 1
  • Legend VIP
22 hours ago, sasa28 said:

Ok, thanks... I might try it then. The thing I heard was that they want you to take screen shots of all of your trackers and only hide your passkey. 

Also, what do you mean by me being a PT user? what are you referring to?

PT = Private Tracker 🙂

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, deepdigger said:

I will send you and invite just PM me if you haven't gotten already.

It ok tracker, part of IPT network, i think all popular scene releases can be found there.

Thanks man. Send you a pm