Hey Guest,
Click HERE for a chance to win a free Seedbox!

Limited Time Offer:
Signup today and claim your free invite to IPTorrents, TorrentLeech or ProAudioTorrents from Members Shop

Sign in to follow this  
Nergal

How Post Malone Finally Became a Rock Star In 2019

• Started by Nergal
  • Last Reply by MrShooter
  • Stats 134 Views · 1 posts
  • Attachments None

Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic
Post Malone
Two years ago, Post Malone sang, “Man, I feel just like a rock star.” In 2019, he became one -- at least, according to Billboard’s rock charts.

His first two albums, Stoney (2016) and beerbongs & bentleys (2018), solidified him as a hip-hop/pop staple, and while this year’s Hollywood’s Bleeding increased his stronghold in those genres, it also expanded his reach. In a span of four weeks in October, three songs from the new album landed Post Malone on three radio airplay charts for the first time each. The guitar-wailing “Take What You Want” (featuring Ozzy Osbourne and Travis Scott) became his first entry on Mainstream Rock, the crooning “Allergic” brought him to Alternative, and with his most pop-leaning track, “Circles” (his fourth Billboard Hot 100 No. 1 and first solo chart-topper), he made his debut on Adult Contemporary. Two weeks later, it became his second track to land on Alternative Songs.

Post Malone wears a Madcap England suit, Saint Laurent boots and The Great Frog ring.
READ MORE
The Year in Charts 2019: Post Malone Crowned Billboard's Top Artist of the Year
“With the sound and familiarity that Post has now, it took a short minute before realizing he fit right in,” says Matt Malone, program director of Entercom Communications’ alternative WQMP Orlando, Fla. The station added “Circles” and “Allergic” in mid-October, and, a month later, the former was its most-played song (in the week ending Nov. 24), according to Nielsen Music. “They sound right at home between twenty one pilots’ ‘The Hype’ and Billie Eilish’s ‘Bad Guy.’

“We share our biggest audience with the hip-hop and top 40 stations in the market,” he adds. “If they’re going to quote-unquote steal my biggest artists when it makes sense, no shame in me doing it the other way.”

This article originally appeared in the Dec. 21.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Topics

• Amy Adams to Star in 'Nightbitch' Adaptation for Annapurna

Rachel Yoder's novel will be given big screen treatment in Adam's fifth collaboration with Annapurna, which includes roles in 'The Master' and 'American Hustle.' After a competitive auction, Annapurna Pictures has landed the rights to turn Rachel Yoder’s upcoming debut novel Nightbitch into a feature film, with Amy Adams to star. Yoder will pen the screenplay and executive produce the project alongside Megan Ellison, Sue Naegle and Sammy Scher for Annapurna, with Adams and Stacy O’Neil

in Movies & TV Shows

• seedboxes.cc 2019 review

Im using seedboxes.cc for about six months. I am using bat box 1000gb 20gbps up 20gbps down with unlimited traffic and 5 vCpu cores. after the purchase I got the seedbox immediatley with static ip for seedbox client. I managed to upload at least 1.5 TB a month. the highest amount of upload that I had was 4 TB per month. with high seed & high leech torrents I managed to get max download & upload rate which I mention below Max download: 250 MB/s Max upload rate: 20 MB/s their WebGU

in Seedbox Discussion and Reviews

• 'Star Wars: The High Republic' Will Connect to Existing Canon

Author Justina Ireland revealed a familial connection between the new publishing initiative and a fan-favorite character from the franchise. Fans are still waiting to find out more about Star Wars: The High Republic, the publishing initiative spanning prose and comics set hundreds of years before the original Star Wars movie, and at Disney-Lucasfilm Publishing’s Comic-Con at Home panel Friday, some more information was finally revealed. Novelist Justina Ireland, one of many guests

in Movies & TV Shows

• Disney Unschedules 'Mulan,' Pushes Back 'Avatar' and 'Star Wars' Films a Year

The moves come as the vast majority of cinemas in the U.S. remain closed due to a surge in COVID-19 cases in California and other states. Disney has taken Mulan off the theatrical release calendar amid the ongoing pandemic and a surge in COVID-19 cases across the U.S. The adventure epic, directed by Niki Caro, had been set to hit theaters on Aug. 21. Presently, however, the vast majority of cinemas in the U.S. remain closed. Mulan had previously been scheduled to open in late March and

in Movies & TV Shows

• Julia Roberts, Denzel Washington to Star in Netflix Thriller 'Leave the World Behind'

'Mr. Robot' creator Sam Esmail will write and direct the adaptation of the upcoming book. Netflix has a come out on top in a fierce bidding war that will see Julia Roberts and Denzel Washington reunite for the first time since 1993’s The Pelican Brief. The streaming giant has landed Leave the World Behind, an upcoming novel by Rumaan Alam, with Sam Esmail, the creator of Mr. Robot and Homecoming, set to write the adaptation and direct it. Roberts and Washington are attached to star.

in Movies & TV Shows

• Who Viewed the Topic

1 member has viewed this topic:
    Nergal 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.