Peter Rabbit 2 Movie Trailer Features Skiing & Skydiving Rabbits

The newest trailer for Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway teases more wild shenanigans for James Corden's CGI critter. Based on the stories written by Beatrix Potter, the first Peter Rabbit movie was released in 2018. Despite being hit with mixed reviews and some criticism for its depiction of Peter, the film was a box office success, and a sequel was soon ordered. Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway was supposed to debut in early 2020, but it was delayed multiple times over the course of the next year because of the coronavirus pandemic. Currently, the film stands scheduled for release in the U.S. on June 18, while it will premiere a month earlier in the U.K.

Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway once again features Corden as the mischievous rabbit. He's joined by several returning players from the first film, including Margot Robbie and Elizabeth Debicki as his fellow rabbits (Daisy Ridley will not be back this time around; her character will be voiced by Aimee Horne). In Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway, Peter has somewhat repaired the relationship between him and grumpy Thomas McGregor (Domhnall Gleeson). However, his reputation as a troublemaker rankles Peter, and he soon runs away from home to be the bad rabbit everyone believes he is. Rose Byrne will also reprise her role as Bea.

RELATED: Every Margot Robbie Movie, Ranked From Worst To Best

With Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway's U.K. and U.S. debuts just around the corner, Sony has unveiled the latest trailer for the family-friendly flick. The minute-long clip avoids delving into the plot, instead focusing on the hijinks that are set to take place. Check it out down below, as well as the newest poster.

Newcomers to the Peter Rabbit family include David Oyelowo as Nigel Basil-Jones and Lennie James as Barnabas, a city rabbit who knew Peter's father. That character descriptor certainly indicates The Runaway could have some deeper character moments, though the above trailer keeps the focus on the action-packed moments that will likely amuse younger audiences. The first Peter Rabbit earned some criticism for Peter's behavior, which was far more crass than in Potter's stories. This sequel seems to be following in the path of the original movie, but the story of Peter rebelling against his mischievous moniker could lead to some solutions for those issues.

Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway has already been released in Australia and Taiwan, and the early reviews put the movie at a 61% on Rotten Tomatoes. This is so far pretty much in line with the critical response from the first movie, so those who were entertained by the 2018 flick might find themselves charmed once more. For families looking for ways to entertain their kids this summer, Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway just might be the ideal movie.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Topics

• Spider-Man: No Way Home BTS Photos Show A Beat-Up Peter Parker Back At School

New behind-the-scenes photos from Spider-Man: No Way Home show Peter Parker is having a rough time back at school. Arguably the most anticipated upcoming MCU film, the Tom Holland led Spidey sequel has more speculation surrounding it than most blockbusters. From the rumored, but oft denied, return of Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield as their respective Peter Parkers and the confirmed return of Alfred Molina and Jamie Foxx as Doc Ock and Electro, it seems like the Multiverse may be broken up in

in Movies & TV Shows

• Hotel Transylvania 4 Trailer Reveals Dracula's Human Transformation

The trailer for Hotel Transylvania 4, Transformania, has arrived. The Hotel Transylvania franchise has been a big hit for Sony Pictures Animation since the first movie came out in 2012. The series offers a lighter, more kid-friendly take on classic monsters like Count Dracula, Frankenstein, and The Invisible Man. Created by Todd Durham, the franchise now boasts four movies, three short films, graphic novels, video games, and a Disney Channel TV series. Despite its success, Hotel Transylvania 4 w

in Movies & TV Shows

• Snake Eyes Featurette Reveals Behind-The-Scenes Look At G.I. Joe Movie

Hot off the release of a new trailer, Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins has released a new featurette taking fans behind the scenes. The film stars Henry Golding as the fan-favorite character Snake Eyes in a feature-length origin story that is set to reboot the G.I. Joe film franchise. At one point set to come out in October 2o21, Paramount bumped up the release date of the film to July 23, 2021. Now with only two months until Snake Eyes opens in theaters, the studio has started to ramp up the m

in Movies & TV Shows

• New In The Heights Clip Showcases Movie Musical's Impressive Cast

A new clip from In the Heights highlights the movie's impressive cast. The upcoming film comes from director Jon M. Chu and is based on the musical of the same name by Quiara Alegría Hudes and Lin-Manuel Miranda. Set in New York City's Washington Heights, it follows bodega owner Usnavi de la Vega (Anthony Ramos) as he dreams for a better life. The original musical, which made its Broadway debut in 2008, won multiple Tonys and other prestigious awards. Many are eager to see how the beloved produc

in Movies & TV Shows

• Snake Eyes Trailer Introduces Henry Golding's G.I. Joe Hero

The Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins trailer is finally here, giving fans a look at the franchise’s live action return. Rather than continue the story from G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra and G.I. Joe: Retaliation, the new film will reboot the story with a new cast led by Henry Golding and including Andrew Koji, Iko Uwais, Úrsula Corberó, Samara Weaving, and Peter Mensah. Snake Eyes is scheduled for a theatrical release on July 23, 2021. As the title suggests, Snake Eyes centers on G.I. Joe’s most famo

in Movies & TV Shows

• Who Viewed the Topic

2 members have viewed this topic:
√ó
√ó

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.