Wrath of Man Red Band Trailer Teases Violent Jason Statham Revenge Movie

The¬†Wrath of Man¬†red band trailer¬†teases a bloody revenge saga from director¬†Guy Ritchie. Starring Jason Statham as "H," a man looking to avenge the murder of his son,¬†Wrath of Man¬†is the fourth collaboration between Ritchie and Statham. The pair previously worked together on films¬†Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels, Snatch,¬†and¬†Revolver, the latter of which came out over¬†15 years ago. Alongside Statham,¬†Wrath of Man¬†stars Scott Eastwood, Post Malone, Holt McCallany, Jeffrey Donovan, Josh Hartnett, and Ra√ļl Castillo.

Wrath of Man was originally set to be released on January 15, but was pushed back due to the ongoing uncertainty surrounding the pandemic and the state of moviegoing. Now set for release on May 7, the film has begun rolling out trailers for the film. Wrath of Man's first trailer previewed the film, but was light on the bloody action Ritchie is know for. The film's latest trailer fixes that.

RELATED:All 8 Unmade Guy Ritchie Movies (& Why They Didn't Happen)

Wrath of Man's Twitter released a red band trailer for the film that shows off just how far Statham's "H" will go to avenge the death of his son. The trailer begins with "H" witnessing the violent murder of his son as part of a robbery gone wrong. Seeking out who's responsible, "H" goes undercover in a cash truck company to find out who murdered his son. Naturally, things don't quite go as planned, as "H" must fight his way through a slew of bad guys standing in the way of his revenge.

Leagues bloodier than the first Wrath of Man trailer, the red band version of the clip will give viewers a glimpse as to what's in store for the film. Laced with Ritchie's signature violent street style but lacking the humor that typically populates his films, Wrath of Man seems to be a more strait-laced version of what fans are used to from the director. Considering the revenge plot at the film's center, there is more of an emotional core in this film and Ritchie likely wants to maintain a sense of seriousness because of this.

Still, "H" looks like a role Statham was made for. The action star has become the go-to leading man for films like this thanks, in part, to his and Ritchie's relationship. Even though Statham and Ritchie haven't worked together since 2005, the actor has stayed busy, appearing in several big franchises, including The Fast & The Furious spinoff Hobbs & Shaw. Wrath of Man will bring Statham back to his roots and working with the director that made him famous looks like it could bring out a stellar performance from the actor.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Topics

• Spider-Man: No Way Home BTS Photos Show A Beat-Up Peter Parker Back At School

New behind-the-scenes photos from Spider-Man: No Way Home show Peter Parker is having a rough time back at school. Arguably the most anticipated upcoming MCU film, the Tom Holland led Spidey sequel has more speculation surrounding it than most blockbusters. From the rumored, but oft denied, return of Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield as their respective Peter Parkers and the confirmed return of Alfred Molina and Jamie Foxx as Doc Ock and Electro, it seems like the Multiverse may be broken up in

in Movies & TV Shows

• Hotel Transylvania 4 Trailer Reveals Dracula's Human Transformation

The trailer for Hotel Transylvania 4, Transformania, has arrived. The Hotel Transylvania franchise has been a big hit for Sony Pictures Animation since the first movie came out in 2012. The series offers a lighter, more kid-friendly take on classic monsters like Count Dracula, Frankenstein, and The Invisible Man. Created by Todd Durham, the franchise now boasts four movies, three short films, graphic novels, video games, and a Disney Channel TV series. Despite its success, Hotel Transylvania 4 w

in Movies & TV Shows

• Snake Eyes Featurette Reveals Behind-The-Scenes Look At G.I. Joe Movie

Hot off the release of a new trailer, Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins has released a new featurette taking fans behind the scenes. The film stars Henry Golding as the fan-favorite character Snake Eyes in a feature-length origin story that is set to reboot the G.I. Joe film franchise. At one point set to come out in October 2o21, Paramount bumped up the release date of the film to July 23, 2021. Now with only two months until Snake Eyes opens in theaters, the studio has started to ramp up the m

in Movies & TV Shows

• New In The Heights Clip Showcases Movie Musical's Impressive Cast

A new clip from In the Heights highlights the movie's impressive cast. The upcoming film comes from director Jon M. Chu and is based on the musical of the same name by Quiara Alegría Hudes and Lin-Manuel Miranda. Set in New York City's Washington Heights, it follows bodega owner Usnavi de la Vega (Anthony Ramos) as he dreams for a better life. The original musical, which made its Broadway debut in 2008, won multiple Tonys and other prestigious awards. Many are eager to see how the beloved produc

in Movies & TV Shows

• Snake Eyes Trailer Introduces Henry Golding's G.I. Joe Hero

The Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins trailer is finally here, giving fans a look at the franchise’s live action return. Rather than continue the story from G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra and G.I. Joe: Retaliation, the new film will reboot the story with a new cast led by Henry Golding and including Andrew Koji, Iko Uwais, Úrsula Corberó, Samara Weaving, and Peter Mensah. Snake Eyes is scheduled for a theatrical release on July 23, 2021. As the title suggests, Snake Eyes centers on G.I. Joe’s most famo

in Movies & TV Shows

• Who Viewed the Topic

2 members have viewed this topic:
√ó
√ó

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.