Hey Guest,
Click HERE for a chance to win a free Seedbox!

Limited Time Offer:
Signup today and claim your free invite to IPTorrents, TorrentLeech or ProAudioTorrents from Members Shop

Sign in to follow this  
187Mika

How To Transfer Files from One Seedbox to another.

• Started by 187Mika
  • Last Reply by Razer
  • Stats 391 Views · 10 posts
  • Attachments None

Hey all.

Sure you've heard this question before.

I'm with one Seedbox provider. They're crap.

I'm switching to another Seedbox Provider at the end of the month. I'll give about 3 days crossover (buy my new Seedbox three days before my old one expires.

Anyone know how to transfer my huge 465GB files from one SB to another?

You can try to use RDP or open a ticket on your new seedbox provider and ask if they can restore the files (you must give ftp details)

9 minutes ago, Aguia said:

You can try to use RDP or open a ticket on your new seedbox provider and ask if they can restore the files (you must give ftp details)

🙂 thanks... and actually, utilizing FTP protocol (if the seedboxes allow) might be an idea ...

Another option you can use, if both seedboxes support this... use Resilio Sync aka btsync. I used this when I moved from one to another. It was much faster than FTP and very easy to use. The caveat is that both seedboxes have to support it as it is an "installable app". Hoe this helps.

• Like 1

I think FTP may work, you can pass the data from the old, to your PC then to the new one, which last a lot longer, or how was said above, ask if your provider wouldn't do it...

Seedboxes.cc has seedbucket that is work with ftp, sftp and some cloud provider

better to ask your new seedbox company,

465GB files are not so huge,

if your new seedbox company has better seedbox speed and better i/o system/drives..

you can again add that torrents, it will took few hours only, if that torrent has good seeds...

Uploading via FTP is super slow and you have a lot of data to move. If you old provider supports HTTP downloads or link sharing you can zip everything (perhaps in batches), ssh into the new box and download via wget, it's gonna go way faster.