Film, TV and music industries target young people in anti-piracy campaign

The last post on this topic was made 31 days ago. Topics with last post more than 15 days ago are locked automatically to stop spam.

Everyone should get a netflix subscription and says f**k off to Hollywood. Their movies suck anyway. Why go after the latest blockbuster releases when they are all shit.

9 hours ago, deepdigger said:

Everyone should get a netflix subscription and says f**k off to Hollywood. Their movies suck anyway. Why go after the latest blockbuster releases when they are all shit.

You right, modern movies is s**t.  Last modern movie which i saw was marvel endgame, this was rly bad movie where was only special effects and nothing more. 

I want to see movies with deep story as Blade Runner 2049 ( not stupid marvel trash).

• Like 1
1 hour ago, dirty said:

I think this is the best anti-piracy ad ever created:

Great episode, poor guy never got to watch his bootleg dvd 😄

On topic, In situation where someone is making money from selling counterfeits or illegal copies it is justifiable to go after the perpetrators. In that case it can be taken as stealing.

Whereas torrents are just sharing. Someone buys a copy and shares it with his online buddies. Maybe not completely moral and fair, but that the ways today's economy is, not everyone has the money to buy every movie, music, book he wants.

Edited by deepdigger
1 hour ago, deepdigger said:

Whereas torrents are just sharing. Someone buys a copy and shares it with his online buddies. Maybe not completely moral and fair, but that the ways today's economy is, not everyone has the money to buy every movie, music, book he wants.

Completely agree with that. When I first heard about Spotify, around 2012 it wasn't available in my country not even for money. So I paid a VPN and started using it with ads because it was so much better than hunting down the music I like and try to organize it. I wouldn't be a pirating stuff if I could afford it.

I also strongly disagree that piracy is stealing. I'm not stealing anything from anyone. The creators are still left with the same amount of content they had. And the argument that they lose money because of me is false, because if I can't afford it I won't buy it even if it's not available for free. I simply won't watch the movie or play the game.

Another huge factor for not going to the cinema: they only play dubbed versions. Original version is sometimes screened on mondays at 10 am...

Btw I was a huge StarCraft fan and when SC II came out I saved up some money. I played for 2 years a pirated copy, only single player but I enjoyed it so much that I ended up buying it in the end.

A movie theater was screening the Alien movie. Previously I've seen it countless times (also pirated) but I paid 2 tickets and watched it again.

TL;DR: Piracy is not stealing. Some people would pay money for the content, they just can't afford it or isn't available.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.