Hey Guest,
Click HERE for a chance to win a free Seedbox!

Limited Time Offer:
Signup today and claim your free invite to IPTorrents, TorrentLeech or ProAudioTorrents from Members Shop

Sign in to follow this  
Ulquiorra

Watch Flight of the Conchords perform new song ‘Father and Son’ on the Late Show

• Stats 49 Views · 1 posts
  • Attachments None

Murray must be so proud

Flight of the Conchords performed their new song ‘Father and Son’ on the Late Show with Stephen Colbert, ahead of their HBO special.

The New Zealand comedy duo – featuring Bret McKenzie and Jermaine Clement – debuted the ballad-with-a-twist on the late night show on September 24 but UK audiences will have heard the track during the Flight of the Conchords tour this summer.

In fact, it was a show filmed at the Hammersmith Apollo in July that formed the one-hour special titled Flight of the Conchords: Live in London that will air on HBO on October 6.

New track ‘Father and Son’ focuses on the relationship between, well, a father and son. Clement is the dad consoling his child with the words “Son, I know it’s hard to see your daddy cry, it’s been tough on us both since your mamma died”. To which McKenzie replies: “You know very well that mamma didn’t die, she just hooked up with another guy”.

Watch their performance of ‘Father and Son’ below:

The comedy duo performed a number of new tracks across a run of shows at Hammersmith Apollo in July, including ‘The Ballad of Stana’ references U2’s hit ‘With Or Without You’ and tells the tale of doppelgangers in love in the Wild West, while ‘Shady Rachel’ spoofs Tom Waits.

In June, Clement and McKenzie spoke about the possibility of a third season. “It’s not like we were tired of each other’s company,” McKenzie said, with Clement adding, “we were tired of working together.”

The original show premiered in 2007, with the second season arriving in 2009. At the end of that year, the duo announced that it would not return for a third instalment.

Flight of the Conchords: Live in London is available on HBO on October 6.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this